Main (#1) - root password (#103) - Message List
what is the root password for the openplmserver4community Linux server edition.(openplmserver4community.ova.zip)
I would like to add a new language locale. But can not login to pre-installed Linux server with root password.
thank you in advance.
To change the root you have to boot to the root shell in read/write mode and update the password from there. Here is how you do it....
- Reboot the VM
- When the GRUB screen appears press 'e' to edit the grub commands
- on the line starting with 'linux' change the boot to read/write by changing the 'ro' (after the UUID#) to 'rw' (no quotes) for read write
- at the end of the same line have the system boot to the command shell by adding 'init=/bin/bash' (no quotes)
- Press CTRL+x to reboot into the shell
- Change the root password: enter command 'passwd' (no quotes).
NOTE: keep in mind that the default keyboard is not standard US. Check by pressing the a and q keys which will be mixed up if the settings are different. I just changed the root password to pppppp for starters and then updated from a ssh shell where they keyboard was correctly default.
Regards,enginetix02/25/20 14:19:30 (3 days ago)